Chocolate Boutique Hotels Ltd t/as Piccadilly hotel
Booking terms and conditions
The terms below apply to your booking with us – Please read carefully
What these terms cover: when you make a booking with us via our digital channels (such as our website, mobile site or app) or telephone booking service, these terms and conditions will apply. You will see your booking referred to as a Non – refundable, or pay at hotel and/or Group Booking and/or a booking of Extras. If you book three or more rooms for the same night we will treat this as a Group Booking. All of these types of bookings are covered by these terms. For your own benefit and protection you should read these terms carefully before making a booking. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information.
If you have a question in relation to your booking or these terms please call the hotel or email us. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days.
Contents of these terms
A Making a booking and identification required on arrival at the hotel
C Cancellation, amendments, refunds and no shows
D Arrival, departure and relocation
E Your stay – requirements of you and the other members of your booking
G Pets and other animals
H Car parking
J Information about us and how to contact us
A Making a booking and identification required on arrival at the hotel
- Please follow the directions on the website, mobile site or app or as advised to you on our telephone booking service to make a booking.
- If you book three or more rooms for the same night we will treat this as a “Group Booking”.
- We will issue you with a confirmation number when a booking has been made. The confirmation number is proof that we have accepted your booking. No booking shall be binding on Piccadilly until we issue you with a confirmation number.
- Your booking is not transferable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part) or advertise or otherwise offer any Piccadilly room for sale and if you do transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking then we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. Any bookings resold or transferred may not be honoured and we accept no liability in respect of this. We may also refuse to take any future bookings from you.
- You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking as we will not change the name on the booking afterwards.
- You are responsible for ensuring that each person who stays at the hotel under your booking, even if you make a booking for someone else’s benefit and don’t stay yourself, complies with these terms.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to make a booking with us and you must be aged 18 years or over to stay alone. If a guest arrives at the hotel and is under 18 years of age the guest will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification (a driver’s licence or passport) as proof of age and if the guest is unable to present this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
- You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) and a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a pay on arrival or walk-in booking at Piccadilly hotel. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
- You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) or the credit or debit card used to make your booking if requested by Piccadilly at any time. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.
- The rate for each room is as published on our website, mobile site or app (as applicable) at the time of your booking on that channel or in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
- Room rates are per room per night and are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of meals and other Extras. You may be able to add Extras to your booking during the booking process or during your stay.
- All non – refundable payments are due in full at the time of booking unless you are otherwise advised by us.
For all ‘pay at the hotel’ bookings we will pre-authorise the card 3-4 days before you arrive. If funds are not available we will let you know and an alternative valid card must be provided, failure to do so will result in us cancelling your booking.
- If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking we require debit or credit card details to be provided at the time of booking and we will charge such payment card for the cost of the first night of the booking if you fail to arrive. You will need to pay on arrival and you must do so by using, in person only, the payment card which you used to make the booking or cash. We do not accept payment over the telephone, by fax or by cheque.
- If your booking is not payable in full at the time of booking and the rate of VAT changes between the date of your reservation and the date of your stay we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay and charge you accordingly.
- Group Bookings only: All payments are due in full at the time of booking for Group Bookings made 28 days or fewer before the scheduled date of arrival and are not refundable. For Group Bookings made more than 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival a 10% deposit is due in full at the time of booking and is not refundable and you must pay the final balance for your Group Booking at least 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival. If we do not receive payment of the full balance by this time your Group Booking will be cancelled automatically and no correspondence will be sent to you. No refund will be given.
- We require a security deposit for all group bookings on arrival at the hotel, we may also ask for a security deposit for each room booked in a group.
C Cancellation, amendments, refunds and no shows
Non – refundable bookings
As non – refundable bookings are at discounted rates these bookings are not refundable in whole or in part. You can still cancel your booking with us but you will not receive a refund.
You can cancel an entire Group Booking in whole prior to 28 days before your scheduled arrival date by notifying us. Your 10% deposit is non-refundable but we will refund any additional monies you have paid (including for any food &beverage Extras; all other Extras are non-refundable), excluding any booking fees.
If you cancel a Group Booking 28 days or fewer before your scheduled arrival date we will not provide a refund on the room(s), any Extras purchased with the booking or any booking fee.
All amendments must be made 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date and before 2pm by calling the hotel.
All amendments are subject to availability at the time of amendment.
Flexible and non – refundable bookings
You can extend the booking, subject to availability. You will be charged for the additional night(s) at the rate available at the time of the amendment to the booking.
All amendments must be made to the booking in full and cannot be made to part of the booking only.
You may make certain amendments to your Group Booking prior to 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival provided that your booking does not drop below three rooms per night. If you wish to reduce the number of rooms below three you will need to cancel the Group Booking in its entirety, following the ‘Cancellation’ process above, and make a new booking.
You can add any additional nights to your Group Booking, subject to availability. Please be aware that you are only able to add nights after your original departure date
- If you do not arrive at the hotel on the scheduled date of arrival, you will be deemed to be a ‘no show’ and your booking will be cancelled.
- If your booking is a Flexible Rate booking, you shall be charged 100% of the cost of the first night of the booking including any Extras. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking. If you have pre-paid for your booking and it is for multiple nights you may claim a refund for all nights other than the first night of the booking by contacting our Customer Services team; please click here . This refund will include any food & beverage Extras; all other Extras are non-refundable.
- If your booking is a Non – Refundable booking or a Group Booking you shall be charged 100% of the cost of the entire booking including any Extras. If your booking is a pay on arrival booking we will charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
- Where a refund is payable in accordance with these terms, we will only make refunds in full and to the payment card that you used to make the booking. If you cancel your booking before you check in in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of cancellation. If you shorten your booking during your stay in accordance with these terms we will normally credit refunds within 10 days of the last day of the original booking. If you are an individual consumer, your statutory rights are unaffected. You can find out more about your statutory rights by contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau or going to https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights.
Cancellation by Piccadilly
- If you fail to pay us when you are required to do so or breach these terms we may cancel your booking with immediate effect on notice to you.
- If an event outside our reasonable control (as explained in paragraph J6 below) is reasonably likely to prevent us from performing your booking we may cancel your booking on notice to you (including by email ) and will refund in full any payment made by you in respect of such booking to the payment card that you used to make the booking, including any food & beverage Extras but excluding all other Extras (which are non-refundable) and any booking fees.
D Arrival, departure and relocation
- You can check in after 2pm on the scheduled date of arrival unless you purchase an early check-in Extra with your booking or directly at the hotel, subject always to availability.
- You must check-out before 11am on the scheduled date of departure unless you purchase a late check-out Extra with your booking or directly at the hotel, subject always to availability. If you do not check out by 11am then we may charge you the Flexible Rate at that time for one night’s stay for the applicable room(s).
- We operate a relocation policy. If a room is unavailable on arrival (other than due to an event beyond our reasonable control – see paragraph I5 below) then we agree to either:
- provide a room, and subject to availability any equivalent Extras which you have booked, in another hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park charges; or
- provide a room in a third party hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park charges; or
- at your request or, if in our reasonable opinion there is no suitable alternative hotel accommodation available, cancel your booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable room(s) including related food & beverage Extras (all other Extras are non-refundable).
- If you are due to pay on arrival at the hotel and the process in 3.1 or 3.2 above is followed, we will still take payment for the cost of the booking and any prepaid Extras but additional costs over and above the original cost of the booking will be covered by us (i.e. difference in room rates, reasonable transport costs and car park charges).
E Your stay – requirements of you and the other members of your booking
- Accessibility: we are unable to provide wheelchair access due to the steps outside the building and the very small lift in the building.
- You must not exceed the maximum specified occupancy for the room type which you have booked. The maximum occupancies are set out below. You will need to speak directly to the hotel to confirm availability of cots and room size.
- You may not bring extra people into your room without prior consent by the management /night porter. If consent is given the guest will need to sign in with name and address and a charge may be made. If we discover you have brought extra people into the room without permission, your booking will be cancelled and you and the guest will be required to leave the building immediately. No refunds will be given.
The maximum number of occupants is 5 (including babies &children) in the following combinations:
- 2 adults, 2 children (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available at the hotel, dependent on availability);
- 3 adults and 1 child or 1 baby in a cot (cots are available at the hotel dependent on availability); or
- 2 adults and 2 babies in cots (cots are available at the hotel, dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room.
- 1 adult and 1 child (under 16), dependent on availability
- 2 adults and three children under 16 in bunk beds.
Small Family rooms
- 2 adults, 1 child (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available, dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room; or
- 1 adult, 2 children (under 16) and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room
- 2 adults; or
- 2 adults and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available, dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room.
- 1 adult and 1 child (under 16).
- 2 adults; or 2 adults and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available dependent on availability) dependent on space available in the room.
- 1 adult only
- We do not permit people under the age of 18 to stay in our hotel alone. You must not leave under 18s unattended in any rooms or public areas at any times.
- We will try to assist with any special requests but all room bookings are subject to availability.
- We will require you to move rooms if you make a booking or bookings to stay at a hotel for 28 or more days concurrently. If you refuse to do so we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking.
- In making a booking you agree to not use the Piccadilly hotel or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without prior written consent from Piccadilly. We may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking if we believe that you are in breach of this provision.
- Smoking is not permitted in Piccadilly hotel other than in designated smoking areas outside the hotel. You must not smoke in the hotel, either in the hotel rooms or public areas, or interfere with our fire detection system or with any emergency equipment. If you do so we may terminate your booking and reserve our rights to take any further action. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our reasonable costs. The reasonable costs we incur if you smoke in our hotel are likely to include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
- You must not bring any potentially hazardous or otherwise dangerous items on to our premises.
- You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we may terminate your booking. You must bring any damage to our hotel or property to our immediate attention. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our reasonable costs during your stay, charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the reasonable costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
- Group bookings deposit, All group bookings over six people will be required to leave a security deposit when checking in. We will pre-authorise the payment and release it after you have departed. If damage is found to have been caused in your room or guests have been disturbed, we reserve the right to use the deposit to cover these instances. If the damage is excessive we may need to ask you for more
- Cooking equipment including but not limited to microwave ovens, fridges, deep fat fryers and toasters must not be operated by you in the hotel.
- You or any of your party which includes anyone in a group booking must not cause any disturbance to any other guests or our staff including but not limited to noise disturbance. If you or any of your group do cause disturbance resulting in guests not getting sleep, we will charge your card in order to refund the guest/s who have been disturbed.
- All room keys/cards must be returned to us on check-out. If you don’t do this we may charge you for a replacement key or lock as required. In the event that a key is not returned after check-out we request you to contact the hotel to make arrangement for keys to be returned.
- If you do not comply with any of paragraphs E2 to E12 when staying at our hotel we may terminate your booking and require you to leave the hotel immediately and may retain any money paid to us for such booking. If we consider your non-compliance to be sufficiently serious we may not accept any future reservations from you and/or not allow you entry to or accommodation at any of our hotels.
- Your responsibility: If you or any member of your booking causes damage or loss of any kind to us or any other guests, including but not limited to as described in paragraph E8 (Smoking) above, you will be responsible for that damage or loss and you as the person who made the booking will be required to pay the costs, including but not limited to those described in this section E.
- If we are entitled to recover costs or other sums of money from you under this section E we may (at our sole discretion) charge the payment card details provided at the time of booking.
- We offer certain Extras when you make a booking; see the check-out when making a booking.
- The room rate excludes any Extras unless we expressly agree with you otherwise as part of your booking.
- Extras may be purchased after you have made a booking subject to a fee of £5 payable for each change. If you purchase Extras directly at the hotel during your stay this will incur no change fee.
- Extras are always subject to availability.
- Food & beverage Extras are refundable in accordance with these terms only. All other Extras, including but not limited to wifi, are non-refundable at any time.
G Pets and other animals
- We do not accept pets or animals at the hotel with the exception of Guide dogs, assistance dogs and hearing dogs which may be brought into the hotel free of charge; please notify the hotel in advance that you are intending to bring such dog(s) with you. Except as set out in this paragraph, pets and other animals or insects are not permitted in The Piccadilly hotel.
H Car parking
Car parking is available at the Piccadilly hotel,.it is provided by a third party provider and fees are payable to Piccadilly hotel. Car parks and fees are shown on site and on the website. The Piccadilly Hotel do not operate the car park, therefore if you do not register your car at reception you will receive a parking fine from the car park operator and we cannot assist with this
We shall not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the hotel or not.
Charges – Piccadilly charges for use of the car park. You have 20 minutes to register the car at reception. Charges to be paid are as follows and cover 24 hours
April – June – £8.00
July – September £10.00
October – March 31st £6.00
- Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel. Please take the time to read these as they include important terms which apply to you.
- Amendments to these terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time and the terms applicable to your booking are those in force on the date of booking. These terms apply from 10th March 2017.
- Statutory Rights: If you are an individual consumer you have certain legal statutory rights. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms. For more information on your statutory rights see https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms or liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or Extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, partial or full cancellation or delay of major public event, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
- Complaints, Questions and Disputes: If you wish to make a complaint or have a question regarding your booking please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ link on our website. We will respond to you as quickly as we can and normally within 5 working days. If you make a complaint to us in relation to your booking and that complaint remains unresolved as between you and us you may use the European Commission’s online dispute resolution portal. You should note that any decision may not be binding and that neither we nor you are required to participate in online dispute resolution.
- Our Liability:
a. We will not be liable for any losses which are not caused by either a breach of these terms by us, our non-compliance with our duties under applicable legislation or our negligence. We will also not be liable for any losses which were not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed. Loss is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen for example if you discussed it with us during the booking process.
b. We want to provide a safe and secure environment for your stay and where necessary we will take appropriate security measures. Under the Hotel Proprietors’ Act 1956 (“Act”) we may be liable for loss or damage to your property while you are staying in our hotels. Where the Act provides that our liability is capped at an amount, we will only be liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. If an incident occurs during your stay resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel certain that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents our liability will be limited to the maximum sums under the Act and if an incident is referred to the Police and they draw the same conclusion as us this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums.
c. In respect of all losses which are not subject to a maximum liability under the Act or are not covered by the Act, our total liability to you for any and all losses shall not exceed twice the total daily rate we charge you for your booking. If your booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used.
d. We will not be liable in any circumstances for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them regardless of whether they are parked in a car park connected to the hotel or not.
e. Nothing in these terms will exclude or limit our liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any other matter which it would be illegal for us to (or to attempt to) exclude or limit.
- Severability: If any provision in these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the provision will apply with whatever deletion or modification is necessary so that the provision is legal, valid and enforceable. You and we intend that the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms shall not be affected.
- Waiver: Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms or otherwise or any delay in enforcing such rights or remedies shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
- Third Party Rights: This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Law: These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law. All disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or any non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to these terms shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts save that you agree that we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
K Information about us and how to contact us
- The meaning of “Piccadilly Hotel”, “we” or “us” in these terms relate to the Hotel at 25 Bath Road Bournemouth. Contact us by calling us, or emailing us – details on the Contact us page.